- Preparation time : 25 min
- Ready in : 25 min
This is a very nutrient rich, versatile dish. Potatoes are a great source of energy and fibre, and provide many essential nutrients including Vitamin C, potassium and manganese. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods available with a perfect balance of amino acids (protein), and are a rich source of choline – essential to metabolise fats in our liver. Although eggs contain cholesterol, it is now understood that cholesterol in foods does not necessarily impact our blood cholesterol. Asparagus, a known diuretic, is a good source of various vitamins including folic acid, necessary for development of the nervous system, and particularly important pre- and during pregnancy.
- 4-5 potatoes (unpeeled and sliced)
- 200g baby asparagus (trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 5 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chives or spring onion (fresh, chopped)
- Butter or olive oil
- Boil the potatoes until almost cooked
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and chives.
- Coat a 10-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet with butter and set over medium heat;
- add potatoes and asparagus and saute for 2 minutes; reduce heat to low and stir in eggs.
- Cover and let cook until eggs are set around edges, about 5 minutes; Uncover and put Frittata under broiler until golden, about 2 minutes, cut into wedges and serve.
Server with green salad and boiled veggies like broccoli and baby corn.
Potatoes – Your Family Kitchen
January 26, 2015
[…] See our delicious Potato Fritata recipe here. […]