- Preparation time : 5 min
- Ready in : 50 min
What is it about this combo that just conjures up pure wholesome comfort food? Perhaps it’s the smell of roasted rosemary and garlic, knowing that they provide a host of health benefits. While giving us the pleasure of amazing aromas and flavour, rosemary contains rosmarinic acid, an anti-oxidant which is useful in treating inflammation. Garlic is renowned for its sulphur properties which provide protection against infection and heart disease. Combined with succulent chicken, served along side roasted vegetables and bite size potatoes, this is the perfect family meal which kids will love.
- 1-2 medium lemons, sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
- Layer half of the lemon slices and one sprig of rosemary on the bottom of a baking dish. Scatter half of garlic around the pan.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on top of lemon rosemary bed and place remaining lemon slices on top
- Set rosemary sprig between the chicken breasts, sprinkle with remaining garlic and a bit of olive oil
- Bake for about 45 min. minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Cover with aluminum foil for 5 minutes and let the chicken rest.
- Serve with steamed veggies and brown rice. Enjoy!