- Preparation time : 10 min (optionally marinating overnight)
- Ready in : 30-40 min
Nothing sheepish about this meal! Lamb provides great quality protein, while also providing Vitamin B12 – important for our nervous system, cell formation and for growing bodies. It is also reputed to help in improving kids appetites. Olive oil provides mono-saturated fats, which contribute towards a healthy heart, and are also great for our skin. The healthiest version is Extra Virgin Olive Oil, also known as EVOO. Balance this meal with colourful roasted root vegetables and potatoes for healthy carbs – a great way to use more EVOO!
- 2 lamb racks (about 8 to 9 ribs each)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled and crushed
- 2 (4-inch) rosemary sprigs, crushed
- 6 thyme sprigs, crushed
- 4 rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Mix together the olive oil, crushed garlic, crushed rosemary and thyme sprigs in a large bowl.
- Add the lamb and coat well. Grind some coarse black pepper over all.
- If you have the time, wrap well and marinate the racks overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 170 C
- Place the lamb in the oven and roast in for 20 to 30 minutes.
Get the children to help
Easy tasks for younger children
- measure 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- crush rosemary and thyme sprigs
- grind some pepper
Moderate tasks for older children
- crush 4 garlic cloves