- Preparation time : 10 min
- Ready in : 30 min
This dish offers a great balance of the 3 macronutrients – protein, carbohydrates and fats. Fish is a wonderful source of protein and contains a range of minerals and vitamins. It is low in saturated fat, and contains healthy omega 3 fats – the oilier the fish, the more omegas it contains. Potatoes, especially in their skin, are a great healthy carbohydrate, while also providing some fibre. As for our healthy greens, we can’t do much better than spinach and parsley – with tomato!
- 3 pangasius or other firm fish fillets (about 150 g each)
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, or other herb
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Side: boiled potatoes, beans
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Place fish and tomatoes on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, garlic and parsley over the fish
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork
- Sauté shallots in oil for 1 minute, add spinach until wilted
- Mix in feta and cook until it melts
- Place the spinach-feta mixture on plate and put the fish on top – ready to serve, along side boiled potatoes, if desired