- Preparation time : 10 min (+ 30 min chilling time)
- Ready in : 1h
For a great moist tasting cookie, try these easy-to-make ones, sweetened with maple syrup, coconut and chocolate nibs. Oats are known for their cholesterol reducing properties, and are also high in fibre. The desiccated coconut and coconut oil provide healthy saturated fats – contrary to previous beliefs, these medium chain fats help towards a healthy heart. Enjoy with your favourite cuppa as recommended by Nutritionist Liza Rowan.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg (in room temperature)
- ¾ tsp almond extract or crushed almonds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dark chocolate
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil or butter, egg, and almond extract. Stir in maple sirup. Add in the flour mixture, stirring gently. Fold in the coconut and a little over half of the chocolate. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Form 15 cookies and add chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.