The carved pumpkin is a Halloween staple, and making one is a great family activity. Even small kids can get involved (though maybe not with the carving).
Follow our easy instructions and impress your guests with the ultimate Halloween horror face.
What you need:
• One pumpkin (per child)
• Large kitchen knife
• Large spoon
1. Choose a nicely rounded pumpkin with minimal blemishes
2. Slice off the ‘hat’ with a sharp knife
3. Using a large spoon, scrape out the pulpy contents and seeds
4. Draw on your favourite Halloween face
5. Cut out your design, sawing with small movements
6. Replace the pumpkin hat – and you’re ready to go!
If you’d like your Halloween to glow, add a candle in a small glass. Leave the lid off slightly so smoke can escape.