- Preparation time : 20 min
- Ready in : 20 min
We encourage going meatless once a week or more, and this is a great recipe to start with.
This Veggie Curry is very satisfying as it is, and can be ‘dressed-up’ by adding a protein and/or whole-grain of choice. You can also experiment with spices and herbs to suit your taste. Store any leftovers and reheat to serve with wholegrain rice, or as a side of vegetables. I also enjoy this cold in a rice or wholewheat tortilla wrap, or as a salad on a generous bed of leaves.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 cups of crunchy colourful veggies of choice like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, celery – chopped or diced
- 3 heads of small bok choy, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp ‘korma masala’ (or 1 tsp each of powdered turmeric, grounded cumin seeds, curry powder)
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Heat oil in wok
- Add in garlic, then cauliflower/broccoli (if using), and stir for a few minutes.
- Add in carrots, celery and continue to stir-fry for a few more minutes (pour on a little water or stock if needed).
- Next stir in all the spices and salt, stirring for a minute or so.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes, and last the bok choy for about 2 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Stir lemon juice into the Greek yogurt, add a little sea salt.
- Place a generous blob on top of a bowl of the curry, sprinkle lemon zest on the yogurt. Done!
Get the children to help
Easy tasks for younger children
- Choose your favorite colourful vegetables
- Measure out the spices into a bowl
- Stir lemon into the greek yogurt
- Place on top of the curry and sprinkle lemon zest on top
Moderate tasks for older children
- Chop the vegetables