- Preparation time : 10 min (in advance)
- Ready in : 15 min
Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is classified as a “functional food” because it provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content. This easy recipes gives you all its benefits together with healthy protein from chicken.
Coconut Crusted Chicken
Based on 0 Review(s)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- salt & pepper (cayenne if spice desired)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- vegetables of choice and brown rice
- In shallow dish, mix olive oil and orange juice, add pepper and salt.
- Marinade breasts of chicken for 2 hours or more (e.g. before you leave for work)
- Keep in the fridge, and turn a couple of times
- Before cooking:
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 180 degree celcius
- In a bowl mix sesame seeds with unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Roll marinated chicken breasts in mixture
- Bake chicken breasts
- Grill for 10 minutes, each side
Serve along side steamed broccoli or vegetable of choice, and steamed brown rice.
Get the children to help
Easy tasks for younger children
- measure 2 tbsp olive oil
- measure 4 tbsp orange juice
- choose your favourite vegetables
Moderate tasks for older children
- choose suitable tongs and roll marinated chicken breasts in orange-juice mixture.