- Preparation time : 10 min (in advance)
- Ready in : 15 min
Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is classified as a “functional food” because it provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content. This easy recipes gives you all its benefits together with healthy protein from chicken.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- salt & pepper (cayenne if spice desired)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- vegetables of choice and brown rice
- In shallow dish, mix olive oil and orange juice, add pepper and salt.
- Marinade breasts of chicken for 2 hours or more (e.g. before you leave for work)
- Keep in the fridge, and turn a couple of times
- Before cooking:
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 180 degree celcius
- In a bowl mix sesame seeds with unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Roll marinated chicken breasts in mixture
- Bake chicken breasts
- Grill for 10 minutes, each side
Serve along side steamed broccoli or vegetable of choice, and steamed brown rice.
Get the children to help
Easy tasks for younger children
- measure 2 tbsp olive oil
- measure 4 tbsp orange juice
- choose your favourite vegetables
Moderate tasks for older children
- choose suitable tongs and roll marinated chicken breasts in orange-juice mixture.