- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Ready in : 50 minutes
Be sure to have this Chocolate Biscotti ready to go with a fresh cup of coffee or tea for any surprise guest. There’s is hardly a better anti-oxidant than this – together with a good chit chat.
- 1 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw unrefined sugar
- 1/4 cup raw unrefined coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (could use almond, hazel or other nuts)
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking power cinnamon and salt in one bowl
- Mix sugar and coconut oil in another, beat in eggs
- Add in flour mixture until combined
- Fold in cranberries or nuts
- Shape mixture on lightly floured surface into two 10-inch flattened logs. Transfer to baking sheet on tray, and bake at 180 degree Celcius / 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack. Then cut each log into biscotti slices. Transfer back to baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes, turn over, bake for another 10.
Store in airtight container, or freeze and save (at least one) for a surprise guest.
Get the children to help
Easy tasks for younger children
- measure and mix the ingredients
Moderate tasks for older children
- cut the baked biscotti into equally large pieces