- Preparation time : 20 min
- Ready in : 20 min
Kids can really have a lot of fun with these Energy Balls, experimenting with so many different ingredients and combinations of decorations. They make a great sweet treat, and are truly packed with goodness! Recommended by Nutritionist Liza Rowan.
- 18 Medjool dates / apricots or cut dried fruit roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
Optionally: add pine nuts, seeds (flax, chia, sesame, sunflower) , nuts (cashew, almonds) or orange rind, cinnamon, soaked druit fruit such as apricot… the choice is yours.
Have fun with the coating too.. . anything goes!
- Blend all in processor – mixture should be dense and moist.
- If a little dry, add a tablespoon of (non-dairy) milk or water
- Roll mixture between palms into small balls, and roll in cocoa, coconut or pine nuts
Get the children to help
Easy tasks for younger children
With a little help, children of all ages can get their hands dirty and make these balls.